Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Boulder
You understand you need to safeguard your home. After all, it supplies shelter for your spouse and children and is where you have all of your belongings. But what is the right form of home protection? Figuring out if you should get round-the-clock monitoring is one of the primary choices you will make. Examine the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Boulder and get a better idea of what’s right for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose 24/7 monitoring, your home’s protection bridges to a third-party monitoring team that is set to provide help at a moment’s notice. If an entrypoint sensor trips or a smoke detector goes off, your monitoring professionals receive an alert instantly. They quickly go to work to validate the alarm and contact the appropriate first responders.
Conversely, an unmonitored system doesn’t come with professional backup. You can consider this to be self-monitoring, which indicates that if an alarm sounds, you need to take action to remedy the situation. This possibility is the more affordable route, but it also impacts your peace of mind.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Boulder
Here’s a quick breakdown of the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having a support system at the ready is always wise. If you are away from home, not awake, or without your phone, your residence and its inhabitants will still be safeguarded.
- Faster response times: Monitoring professionals are always prepared. They’ll reply faster to alarms than you can by yourself.
- Insurance savings: Monitored home security might entitle you to a price cut on your home insurance premium.
- Better tools and flawless integration: When you receive hardware, monitoring, and installation from a trusted home security expert, you will enjoy a cohesive system with components that may be superior to what you will find independently.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Expense: You will pay a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Usually required to use professional installation: Numerous residents would prefer to have the job completed by experienced technicians, but some DIYers might want to do it by themselves.
- Need to sign a contract: You will usually need to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This arrangement is likely to be agreeable for many as home security is a service you will want indefinitely.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Boulder
Here’s a brief breakdown of the benefits and downsides of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t need to pay a monitoring bill.
- Install on your own: Do-it-yourselfers could deem this to be a pro as they can handle the installation themselves and circumvent an extra charge. Other residents will wish to use a professional.
- Greater Flexibility: You can integrate devices whenever you desire - and from any manufacturer. Taking that into account, you might find incorporating into a fully connected system more challenging.
- Control: There won’t be an outside company monitoring your system. If something happens, you’re in charge of getting help.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What happens when you don’t have your cell phone and don’t get a security alert? This circumstance will lead to additional stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Requires your complete attention: As you are the sole person in charge, you must never stray too far from your home security app.
- Integrating the system is up to you: If you need assistance during an install, you may have to employ a separate service professional. The installation process is also likely to be slower.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In Boulder
Get the 24-hour support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Boulder from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored home security system is the ideal choice for your family. Dial (303) 479-3788 today to customize your package.