Home security cameras can solely be used as a warning—a display that notifies burglars or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can utilize your home security cameras to strengthen your home’s safety measures.
Thankfully, today’s security cameras are armed with a plethora of additions all built to provide total protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording functionality and two-way audio or infrared night vision and fast action motion sensors, these features empower you to utilize the most from home security cameras in Boulder.
How To Set Up Your Boulder Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
The first step to optimizing your video surveillance is installing your devices in the proper areas around your home. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in frequented areas such as the kitchen or family room. It’s also a great idea to have a camera looking at main doors, stairs, or other common areas intruders would have to move around to get to the rest of your interior. Outdoor security cameras work best to offer you a clear scene of your patio, driveway, front and patio, shed, and other exterior isolated buildings, like sheds. Then access a view of your main entryway with a sleek doorbell camera.
There are places inside your interior that are less imperative to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Privacy for you and your visitors should be a chief consideration before placing a camera in a bedroom.. Consider adding window or motion detectors if you desire some type of device in bedrooms.
Innovations That Optimize Video Surveillance
Camera placement is only the beginning in getting the utmost out of home security cameras in Boulder. The innovations shown below help to optimize security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See automatic notifications on your smart device anytime strange activity is sensed. You can also set cameras to begin capturing footage when activity is discovered which helps increase camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Configure your video surveillance to capture footage and save clips to the cloud for easy playback later.
- Two-way audio: Most of current security cameras include a built-in microphone and speaker so you can actually converse with anyone with the unit. Via your security app, you can make it seem you’re home or greet your kids as they get back from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view determines how much a camera can see, and allows for a more exhaustive view of an area. Check for cameras that have at least 120° coverage or that have the ability to pan automatically for complete visibility.
- Night vision: Ensure your security cameras have either infrared or LED sensors that can capture clips of pitch black movement.
- Activity zones: Activity zones give you the opportunity to protect single areas within your living space.. For example, you can program your doorbell camera to inform you of activity taking place on your yard or your driveway and overlook cars passing or foot traffic.
- Mobile app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, enable you to view live camera feeds, move cameras, arm or disarm the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app should send up-to-date notifications when the see something unusual taking place around your property.
Optimize Your Home Security Cameras Today
Achieving the most out of your video surveillance in Boulder is more simple. From lightning quick motion detection to 2-way audio, your home security system rises from simply a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (303) 479-3788 or fill out the form below to start building your home security system today.