Today's smart security installations have become more capable every year. Even so, it doesn't take much to neglect to perform simple security tasks like activating your home security, shutting the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
Would you like it if you didn’t have to worry about these things ever again? When utilizing geofencing in Boulder, you won’t need to.
What is Geofencing In Boulder For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual boundary a set distance from your house, which you can set up in your smartphone app. The technology then uses your phone to see when you cross the perimeter and then triggers your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart components take advantage of to share information with each other. This technological advancement takes smart home devices further by grouping all devices onto one, unified network. You can then draw specific boundaries on all sides of your house and assign the specific actions you want to occur if you go past the prearranged border line.
To illustrate, shortly after you exit your property, you could set your security system to lock doors, close the garage, and turn on your alarm. Conversely, when you come back home, geofencing can notify your system to disarm alarms, open the garage, brighten first-floor lights, and even change your smart thermostat.
These are several of the devices you can command with geofencing:
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Various electronics like TVs or appliances
● Garage doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are All Possible With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can use your home’s security system in Boulder. With the ADT Control app, you have the ability to reap the benefits of automation. Just tap your phone, and you have the opportunity to:
● Set schedules: program your smart devices to engage at a specific time. Have your lights start to turn down to indicate that it's time for bed, or deactivate your security alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Manage how devices interact: Make specific components activate when another element is triggered. Have your thermostat activate the exhaust fan if a smoke detector trips. Or turn on your smart bulb in the hallway when your doorbell camera detects unusual motion around your property.
● Set a scene: Create scenes featuring various devices that all act in harmony together. Make your smart bulbs switch off, the A/C go down, and the smart door locks engage when the day is done. Or customize a scene for a movie marathon with the right light and thermostat adjustments.
● Take advantage of geofencing: There may be times when you fail to arm your alarm system when you're running late for work. With geofencing technology and your cell phone, you'll never forget to turn on your alarms and lower the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Boulder
Whether you desire added certainty of a fully secured property whenever you drive away or you want to automate your smart home technology, geofencing is a wise choice. Contact a skilled member of our team today at (303) 479-3788 or submit the form on this page to begin customizing your perfect security system.